Angel Fire Resort will open as scheduled for the 2010-2011 winter season this Thursday, December 16. However, due to the recent warmer and dry weather patterns, we will have a fairly limited amount of terrain open for the first few days. Given this reality, we will be offering our lift tickets at half-price through Sunday, December 19.
Although our opening scenario may be less than ideal with regards to the amount of skiable terrain we have numerous reasons to be excited. We offer what we feel is the best product in Northern New Mexico. There are several snowstorms on the horizon that are expected to hit our area over the next two weeks along with forecasts for cooler temperatures that will allow for continued snow-making. And most importantly, although we can’t control the weather, we still control our ability to ensure that our customer service, enthusiasm, and friendliness exceeds all expectations.
What to expect on opening day:
- Chair lifts running include Chile Express, Chairs 1 & 2, the Polar Coaster moving carpet and the Children’s Ski School moving carpet.
- Terrain open includes: Heading Home (this is nearly 3 miles of skiing acreage); Ridge Run, High Road, Lower Exhibition, the Polar Coaster and a new, freestyle area adjacent to the Polar Coaster.
- Night Skiing will be available for $12 per person starting Thursday in the Dreamcatcher area. This includes the freestyle park. Hours of operation are 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- The Polar Coaster tubing hill will be open starting Thursday at the regular price of $20 per person per session.
- Base Camp, our new fun zone for kids and teens located in the Garden Court, will be open to the public starting Thursday. There is no entry fee. Hours of operation are 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Ages 7-20.
- Restaurants open include the Summit Haus, Village Haus, The Buzz coffee trailer, the Lodge Coffee Shop, Legends Grill (formerly known as En Fuego), Chianti’s Pizza, and the Country Club dining in Stonewood and Elements.
- The Country Club swimming pool and fitness center will be open normal scheduled hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.