Ribbon cutting, open houses, happenings in Angel Fire last week. Were you there?
Archives for December 2013
When: December 21, 2013 from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Where: Calamity Jane’s in downtown Eagle Nest
Door prizes after dinner. Only sixty tickets will be sold!
Tickets are $25 each and available at:
- Calamity Jane’s
- Golden Eagle RV Park
- Zella’s Kitchen Shop
For more information contact the Eagle Nest Chamber of Commerce at email@example.com or call 575-377-2420.
Christ Our Savior Lutheran Church
13 Elliott Barker
5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Holy Angels Catholic Church
Angel Fire Community Center
15 CS Ranch Road
United Church of Angel Fire
40 West Ridge Road
Techs are on duty ready to fit you or adjust your equipment and get you set for first tracks on the mountain.
We carry the largest and most diverse product selection in the Moreno Valley.
Come by and check it out.
- Friday, December 27, 2013 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday, December 28, 2013 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Where: 11 South Angel Fire Rd
The library will be closed from Sunday through Wednesday.
Join us for a fun-filled tradition for our children, including a visit from Santa, a light breakfast, crafts, stories and goodies will be provided for the kids! For questions, please contact Shay Tibljas at 575-377-1544.
When: December 21, 2013 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Where: Angel Fire Community Center
Cost: Free – All children warmly invited!
Sponsored by the Village of Angel Fire.
Congratulations to the Winners!
- People’s Choice Award: Jeff and Samantha Weeks, 20 Knollwood Way
- 1st Place: Dean and Joan Douglass, 40 Halo Pines
- 2nd Place: B.J. and Annie Lindsey, 13 Alamogordo
- People’s Choice Award: The Garden Club Median on North Angel Fire Rd
- 1st Place: Cottam’s of Angel Fire, 40 North Angel Fire Rd
- 2nd Place: Zebs Restaurant & Bar, 3431 Mountain View Blvd
Thank you to all who participated in the Holiday Decoration Contest. There were 3 residential entries and 6 business entries.
The winners were announced at our Christmas Dinner last Tuesday night. Thank you to all of the residents who voted for People’s Choice and our Gold Members who sent judges out to choose 1st and 2nd place.
Congratulations and thank you to all who entered and all who voted!
Our Christmas Dinner was absolutely awesome! I have received many emails, phone calls, and walk-in traffic of those who attended to tell us how much they enjoyed themselves. H2Uptown, Angel Fire’s newest fine dining establishment, hosted our dinner. The food was delicious, we received great service from the wait-staff, and the Resort set-up our cash bar. Thanks and good luck to Dominic Serna on this new venue. Ry Taylor’s music was excellent, as usual and the silent auction was a great success!
We really want to thank everyone who donated items to our silent auction:
- Anita George/All Things Twisted
- Angel Fire Garden Club
- Bill Allen/RBS
- Cat Adams/Angel Fired Pizza
- Charles Goodman & staff/Kokopelli Property Management
- Chris Chase/ 24-7 Automotive
- Darrell Failing/Alpine Lumber
- Dean Douglass
- Debra Coscia
- Diane Peterson/Shall We Dance
- Donna Holman Chase
- Dorothy Thrasher
- Dr. Mark Niemiec
- Janet Sailor/Access Media
- Jeff Weeks/Angel Fire Appraisals
- Jeremy Caliham/Turquoise Trout
- Jo Mixon
- John & Wendy Hail/Hail’s Holy Smoked BarBQ
- Kathy Dunbar/Kathy Dunbar’s Body Mechanics
- Kevin & Jo Dekeuster/Enchanted Circle Pottery
- Kim Eppler/Scentsy
- Laurie Hill/Laurie Hill Phelps Studio
- Lisa Morales/Tia Sophia Jewelry
- Lorie Anderson/Cottam’s of Angel Fire
- Mary Domito/Taos Lifestyle
- Melanie Morais/Kokopelli Property Management
- Mike & Rita Larson
- Mike & Wende Woolley
- Mondo’s Italian Restaurant in Taos
- Robin May, Robin Hoeffler, Andrea Boutelle/The Angel Fire Resort
- Samantha Weeks
- Sangre de Cristo Chronicle
- Stan Samuels/The Trailhead
- Wende Woolley Photography
- Yu-Garden of Taos
We also want to thank everyone who purchased a silent auction item! And a special thank you goes out to the Angel Fire Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and the Chamber Ambassadors who collected silent auction items. And I can’t say thank you enough to Johnese Turri for all of the work she put in behind the scene and to D.J. Geoffroy, Donna Holman, Susanne Coyle, Michael Turri, Mike Liddle, and Lisa Morales for helping with table decorations, tickets, and the silent auction. Without the help of each and everyone of these people, the dinner would not have been so fabulous!