The Village of Angel Fire is young and growing. Incorporated in 1986, the current year-round population is approximately 1,200 people. The number of part-time residents with summer homes is unknown.
The Village covers 25,143 acres (based upon the latest annexation in 1997).
1986 Incorporation: 147 acres
1994-95 Annexations: 6,901 acres
1997 Annexation: 18,095 acres
During the ski season, tourists can number in the thousands on a good weekend. Summer tourism is not nearly as busy; however, it is growing yearly. Local lodging companies can sleep over 5,000 tourists on any given night.
The Village Government consists of a Mayor and 4 Village Councilors. Presently, the Village of Angel Fire is working on expanding the local sewer and water facility. Last year they built a community center.
There are a number of volunteer organizations including our fire department, our ambulance service, our library, and search and rescue.
We’re Growing & We’re Angel Fire Proud!
- 1997 showed an increase of 33% and $4.7 million in construction permits over 1996. (Source: Village of Angel Fire)
- Angel Fire is the fastest growing community in northeastern New Mexico. (Source: NM Taxation & Revenue, based on property tax)
- Angel Fire is the largest incorporated mountain community in New Mexico. (Source: Village of Angel Fire)
- Angel Fire’s Master Plan in the most current in New Mexico. (Source: Village of Angel Fire)
- Angel Fire is currently planning the largest water and sewage facility of any New Mexico mountain community. (Source: Village of Angel Fire)
- 1997 business licenses were up 23% over 1996. (Source: Village of Angel Fire)
- 1997 Gross Receipts Tax Revenues were up 37% over 1996. (Source: Village of Angel Fire)