For more information please check out the Angel Fire Resort website.
Enjoy an evening at the Angel Fire Country Club to benefit the Shuter Library of Angel Fire. Only a few tickets remain available for this costumed Mardi Gras Ball. Music by the Jimmy Stadler Band, food, wine pull and silent auction. Reservations must be made in advance.
When: Monday, March 3, 2014 from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Where: Angel Fire Country Club
Call 575-377-6755 for details and reservations.
Check out a video from the shovel races as seen on ABC World News! It’s not as easy as it looks, but participants say… it’s CRAZY FUN!
Little Scoops Division Co-ed Ages 6-9
- 1st Place – Max Nilsson (65.48 mph)
- 2nd Place – Trevor Tibljas (61.28 mph)
- 3rd Place – Wyatt Breault (60.59 mph)
Youth Division Co-ed Ages 10-13
- 1st Place – Mary Ickes (57.90 mph)
- 2nd Place – Duncan Stewart-Jackson (57.75 mph)
- 3rd Place – Stone Kite (57.46 mph)
Junior Division Co-ed Ages 14-17
- 1st Place – Dominik Ickes (61.50 mph)
- 2nd Place – Taner Tibljas (60.70 mph)
- 3rd Place – Samuel Jauquez (54.63 mph)
Women’s Division Ages 18 & Older
- 1st Place – Paloma Gonzales (65.98 mph)
- 2nd Place – Nadia Gonzales (63.96 mph)
- 3rd Place – Kelli Haueko (63.33 mph)
Women in Media Special Division
- 1st Place – Katie Kim (56.91 mph)
- 2nd Place – Laura Thoren (55.70 mph)
- 3rd Place – Angela Brauer (53.32 mph)
Men’s Division Ages 18-44
- 1st Place – Justin Gonzales (70.53 mph)
- 2nd Place – Chad Denney (69.53 mph)
- 3rd Place – Kyle Davis (68.46 mph)
Master Men’s Division Ages 45 & Older
- 1st Place – Jeff Amblin (69.72 mph)
- 2nd Place – Jerry Cowan (68.69 mph)
- 3rd Place – Anthony Gonzales (65.31 mph)
Best Costumes for the Third Year
- Duncan Stewart-Jackson
Best Over All Winner/Fastest Time
- Justin Gonzales clocked at 70.53 mph
Photos courtesy of Michael Turri, Angel Fire Visitor Center, The Angel Fire Resort, Heather Stewart-Jackson, Brice Adams, Bonnie Zilker, and Samantha Weeks.
- Pray For Snow Party from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Angel Fire Visitors Center. Live music, drinks, bonfires and a snowzobra! FREE event.
Friday, February 7, 2014
- Shovel Race registration and practice from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- 2014 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremonies. Watch Olympic coverage at Legends Grill on seven high definition TVs from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Live Music by DJ Mike in the Village Haus from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Live Music by Michael Smith at Legends Grill.
Saturday, February 8, 2014
- World Championship Shovel Races presented by Lowe’s Market from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Featuring the 2nd Annual Women in Media from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Dummy Launch – Watch creative floats fly off a big snow jump at the base of the mountain from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Live Music by Ry Taylor in Legends Grill from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Live Music by Rudy Boy Jaramillo in the Village Haus at 8:00 pm.
- Warren Miller “Ticket to Ride” Movie showing at the garden court.
Please join us for a Nastar Race on Exhibition. Just show your membership card at the top of the Nastar course anytime during the day. The fastest times for each age group will be posted. Win Nastar medals and earn bragging rights for the 2014 winter season! Call 575-377-3055 or 575-377-4260 for more information.
When: February 1, 2014
Where: Angel Fire Resort
Where: Angel Fire Resort
For more information please visit www.angelfireresort.com/shovelraces.
When: Wednesdays – January 8 to February 26, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Cost: $199.00 for 8 weeks
Includes wine & cheese party at the Club personalized video movement analysis and a complimentary intro to Nordic Skiing Session. Must be 21 years of age or older. All abilities. Call 575-377-4383 to book. Lift ticket and rentals not included.
When: Thursdays – January 9 to February 13, 2014 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Cost: $149.00 for 6 weeks
Call 575-377-4488 to book. Includes equipment rental.
Saturday Night Race League
When: January 18 to February 22, 2014
Cost: Only $160.00 per team
6 races. All proceeds benefit Team Angel Fire, a local, non-profit ski and snowboard organization. For all ages, skiers and snowboarders, community businesses, schools and resort departments. Get your teams together.
For more information visit www.angelfireresort.com.
Opening Day for skiing and snowboarding is Friday the 13th, so don’t be afraid to visit us at Angel Fire Resort and enjoy the amazing early season conditions. The recent storms have blessed us with great snow, so break out your winter gear and come up to experience our mountain paradise.
Stay with us and receive discounted lodging and lift tickets. With great winter conditions and special summer prices, it is a lodging deal that can’t be beat. Whether you are looking for convenient slopeside lodging, a cozy condominium, or a spacious vacation home, we have something for everyone. Call 866-328-3552 and book your winter vacation today.
If you can’t make it for the holidays, plan to visit us in January.
The abundant snow, uncrowded slopes, and hot deals make it the perfect time of year to ski and snowboard at Angel Fire Resort. Book 3 nights in one of our managed condos or homes and get the 4th night free!
Upcoming Angel Fire Resort Events
December 13, 2013
Opening Day of the Winter Season – First day to ski or snowboard for the Winter season!
December 23-25, 2013
Ski and Ride with Santa – Come ski around Angel Fire with jolly old St. Nick.
December 24, 2013
Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade and Fireworks – Bundle up the family and join us at the base of the ski mountain for our annual Torchlight Parade followed by Fireworks. And keep an eye out – Santa & Mrs. Claus have been known to join in the festivities! Thanks to the Village of Angel Fire and Angel Fire Resort for sponsoring this fun event.
December 24, 2013
Christmas Eve Dinner at Elements – Enjoy a special Christmas Eve dinner from 5pm-9pm in Elements at the Country Club. Reservations are required due to limited seating. Please call 575-377-3055 to make your reservation today.
December 25, 2013
Christmas Day Dinner at Elements – Enjoy a special Christmas Day dinner from 5pm-9pm in Elements at the Country Club. Reservations are required due to limited seating. Please call 575-377-3055 to make your reservation today.
December 31, 2013
New Year’s Eve Torchlight Parade and Fireworks – Dress warm and join us at the base of the ski mountain for our annual Torchlight Parade followed by Fireworks. Thanks to the Village of Angel Fire and Angel Fire Resort for sponsoring this fun event.
New Year’s Eve Dinner at Elements – Join us for a special dinner served from 5pm-9pm. Reservations required. Please call 575-377-3055 to make your reservation today.
New Year’s Eve Party in the Village Haus – Join us 7pm-1am as we get ready to ring in the New Year. No cover. Featuring DJ Mike, favors and drink specials!.
January 23 – 26, 2014
Big Ol’ Texas Weekend – Everyone is invited! – Join in our annual weekend celebration of our Texas roots with a Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament, The Big Texan Steak Challenge and live music featuring Tim Nichols, Aubrey Lynn England, Jody Booth and Jason Sundance Head. Call 855-845-2925 to book your VIP Package.
Group & Event Planning
Groups of 20 or More Save! Angel Fire Resort is the perfect place for your next club trip, business retreat, wedding, family reunion, youth group outing or conference. Groups of 20 or more save on lodging, lift tickets, rentals, lessons, dining and more. We’d be happy to create a custom package that’s just right for your group. To get started, give our Group Planner a call at 888-472-0124 or complete a Group Sales Inquiry form.
Where: Angel Fire Resort, In The Lodge
Live music with Jimmy Stadler from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Pizza buffet with pepperoni, sausage, beef and cheese pizzas, breadsticks, kettle corn and cash bar!
Ski team fundraiser ski swap from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm in the Garden Court. Donations welcome! Please drop off between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
Donate a non-perishable food item and receive free food! Snow zobra to be lit on fire at 7:00 pm. Bounce house for the kids. All members are welcome. Free admission.