The chairlifts are still. It’s really hard to believe the ski season has once again come to a close. Spring is in the air. Summer is on its way. We leave you with a few fun photos. See you next season!
Where: Angel Fire Resort Ski Slopes
For rules and how to enter visit www.angelfireresort.com/event/dummy-launch/.
It is open daily from 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm. Extended hours, during weekends and holidays, are 10:30 am to 7:00 pm, and it is open select evenings for night tubing.
Tubing is offered in 1-1/2 hour blocks for $25.00 per person. Blocks are available for reservation.
To reserve a tubing block call 844-218-4107 option 3 for information.
The Resort reserves the right to change the schedule and/or cancel sessions subject to weather and guests on the mountain.
- Tubers must be at least 42″ tall and sign a release.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets must be worn like a lift ticket on your person
- Season passes and Membership passes are NOT valid for tubing.
- Tubing may close at any time due to changing track conditions.
March 6, 2015 to March 16, 2015 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
After dark, the mountain lights up to provide 50 acres of lit skiable terrain including beginner, intermediate and freestyle features
for skiing and snowboarding.
Night skiing tickets are sold separately form day skiing tickets. Ask at the ticket office about discounts for night skiing.
When: Thursday, March 6 to Saturday, March 22, 2015
Where: Angel Fire Resort
Ski Bum Ball
Calling all Ski Bums! Join us to kick off our Fiesta Del Sol Spring Break Celebration on Saturday, March 7, 2015! The party will begin at 3:00 pm with the Ry Taylor Band. Dance and enjoy the music, until 6:00 pm when the Ski Bum King and Queen will be crowned! From 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Miles Bonny will play soulful beats and awesome hit songs! Come out and enjoy this fun kick-off to a week of celebration.
Dos Equis Celebration
The Dos Equis Big Airbag will be open March 9-11 and March 16-18 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Try the Dos Equis Most Interesting Run and receive a free Dos Equis beverage at the Mountain Haus. The Dos Equis outdoor bar and grill will be open at the base area, so you can enjoy the sun, views and a cold beer.
Monday, March 9, 2015 – Ugly Sweater Day: Come dressed in your best, ugly sweater! Meet at the base of the Chile Express at 12:00 pm for prizes and pictures!
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 – Beach Day: Bikinis, board shorts and Hawaiian shirts! come dressed in your favorite beach-wear and ski the mountain like a pro! Meet at the base of the Chile Express at 12:00 pm for prizes and pictures!
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 – Costume Day: Spring Break and Spring skiing are a time to go wild, so whether you bring that gorilla suit or ski in a dress we want to see your best costume! Meet at the base of the Chile Express at 12:00 pm for prizes and pictures!
Monday, March 16, 2015 – Ugly Sweater Day: Come dressed in your best, ugly sweater! Meet at the base of the Chile Express at 12:00 pm for prizes and pictures!
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 – Luck of the Irish: Dress in your best green or Irish themed costume for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration mountain style. Meet at the base of the Chile Express at 12:00 pm for prizes and pictures!
Saturday March 14, 2015 – Pi Day 3.1415: 2015 marks a rare occasion of an actual Pi Day! We will celebrate all things Pi, with pie eating contest at 1 p.m. at the base area, food and drink specials, nerd costume contest and live music at the Village Haus. King or Queen of the nerds will be announced at 9:26 (Thats right, we are so into Pi 3.1415926… so awesomely nerdy!)
For more information visit www.angelfireresort.com.
Angel Fire Resort Childcare and Preschool announced today they will cease spring through fall operations effective May 1, 2015. The resort plans on providing winter childcare (December-March) moving forward for employees, locals and visitors, along with Snow Bear Camp and the 3 Ski Program.
Angel Fire Resort Childcare and Preschool has been in business for over 30 years. During this time Judy Vallier, Director of Childcare and Preschool, has created a safe and nurturing environment for our children and achieved a highly acclaimed, four star rating for their Preschool program.
The decision to close the summer services was an exceptionally difficult one for resort management. For me it has been very personal. My involvement with developing childcare goes back to when it was called “Lil’ Angels” and was housed in the former portable building as part of the Children’s Center. After all these years, it came down to the reduction in the number of year-round participants necessary to keep the operation financially viable. Despite a number of attempts over the past ten years to restructure the operations and create financial sustainability, the resort has subsidized business losses of over $300,000.
We are extremely grateful to the dedicated Childcare staff along with the families that have utilized the childcare and will work closely with them on this transition. We hope our treasured employees will choose to keep working at Daycare for the winter seasons and every effort is being made to find summer employment for those who want it.
Should you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Director of Ski and Snowboard School
Ange Fire Resort
And the winners are:
Little Scoops Division Co-ed Ages 6-9
- 1st Place – Ellison Hensley (39.46 mph)
- 2nd Place – Blake Moore (39.41 mph)
- 3rd Place – Hayden Weeks (38.42 mph)
Youth Division Co-ed Ages 10-13
- 1st Place – Alex Serrano (59.41 mph)
- 2nd Place – Wyatt Breault (56.69 mph)
- 3rd Place – Duncan Stewart-Jackson (54.74 mph)
Junior Division Co-ed Ages 14-17
- 1st Place – Dominik Ickes (61.30 mph)
- 2nd Place – Dalton Breault (58.17 mph)
- 3rd Place – Samuel Jacquez (57.73 mph)
Women’s Division Ages 18+
- 1st Place – Emily Thorpe (58.65 mph)
- 2nd Place – Amy Koch (57.90 mph)
- 3rd Place – Jessica Weber (56.85 mph)
Pro Women Ages 18+
- 1st Place – Kelly Haukebo (60.23 mph)
- 2nd Place – Hattie Belichick (58.92 mph)
- 3rd Place – Paloma Gonzales (58.65 mph)
Men’s Division Ages 18-44
- 1st Place – Rob Tibljas (63.27 mph)
- 2nd Place – Jeff Weeks (61.04 mph)
- 3rd Place – Caleb bennett (60.85 mph)
Master Men’s Division Ages 45+
- 1st Place – Lee Pirnie (62.80 mph)
- 2nd Place – Sam Wilson (62.33 mph)
- 3rd Place – Scott Hoover (59.20 mph)
Pro Men Ages 18+
- 1st Place – Jeff Hamblin (65.42 mph)
- 2nd Place – Jerry Cowan (64.21 mph)
- 3rd Place – Chad Denney (63.23 mph)
- Duncan Stewart-Jackson (For the fourth year!)
When: Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Free To Enter | Cash Prizes
For more information and to sign up visit angelfireresort.com.
Where: Angel Fire Resort
- 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm – Registration at the Village Haus
- 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm – Practice day will be at the top of the course
- 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Ry Taylor Band at the Village Haus
- 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm – Tom Perry in Legends Grill
- 8:00 am to 9:00 am – Registration at the Village Haus
- 9:30 am – Little Scoops First Run
- 9:45 am – Little Scoops Second Run
- 10:00 am – Women in Media First Run
- 10:45 am – Youth (10-13 Years) First Run
- 11:00 am – Junior (14-17 Years) First Run
- 11:15 am – Youth (10-13 Years) Second Run
- 11:30 am – Junior (14-17 Years) Second Run
- 12:45 pm – Adult Women Pro First Run
- 1:00 pm – Adult Men Pro First Run
- 1:15 pm – Adult Women Pro Second Run
- 1:30 pm – Adult Men Pro Second Run
- 1:45 pm – Adult Women First Run
- 2:00 pm – Adult Men First Run
- 2:15 pm – Adult Masters First Run
- 2:30 pm – Adult Women Second Run
- 2:45 pm – Adult Men Second Run
- 3:00 pm – Adult Masters Second Run
- 4:30 pm – Dummy Launch
- 5:30 pm – Awards Ceremony in Village Haus
- 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm – Jimmy Stadler Band, Shovel Race Party in Village Haus
- 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm – David Smith in Legends
We need your help. This appreciation weekend could bring in a few thousand veterans, active military, and their families. Key to making this a successful event is for participants to know how much Angel Fire values them and their service. we want to do this in tangible benefits and personal welcomes.
When: February 20-22, 2015
Where: Angel Fire Ski Resort
The Resort has extended extraordinary discounts, but we want visitors to enjoy our entire community. We encourage businesses to participate tangibly in one of three ways:
1. Provide at least a 25% discount generally or for some lead product or service, e.g. equipment rentals, entrees, popular gift items, etc
2. Provide up to 1,000 small items we could place in “Swag Bags” that will be given to each family, e.g. your branded chap stick, coupons, stickers, buttons, etc.
3. Cash donations. If the first two are not convenient, funds are still needed to support weekend activities. In future years, we will seek major funding from more regional and national enterprises so we don’t have to ask local businesses for direct financial support.
All businesses that provide any of the above will be provided an American flag to display at your business so participants can easily spot where they will get great deals or who has supported them.
The most important outcome is how we welcome our military guests. We have done this naturally for decades so we know all of us who work in the village will excel!
Your donation is tax deductible. Not Forgotten Outreach is a 501(c)(3) (IRS #46-2052184) and is managing the finances at both locations. If your support is financial, please annotate “Military Ski Weekend” on your check to NFO.
Fundraising Chairman for Angel Fire Weekend