The quick lowdown on our mountain; everything you need to know to get a feel for what the Angel Fire Resort ski and snowboard area has to offer you.
Our snow report will be here for the most current snow conditions, trails and lifts info when we open. For current conditions by phone, call the snow phone at 575-377-4222. Our trail map is also available for a detailed look at what the mountain has to offer.
- Opening/Closing: December 14, 2012 to March 14, 2013
- Skiing Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm for night skiing
- Base Elevation: 8,600 feet
- Summit Elevation: 10,677 feet
- Vertical Drop: 2,077 feet
- Chair Lifts: 2 high-speed quads, 3 doubles, 2 Sunkid Wondercarpets
- Freestyle: 74 trails: 26% beginner, 50% intermediate, 24% advanced
- Freestyle Parks: 2 Total: Lowrider Park (featuring lower rails and smaller features for developing skills), Liberation Park at summit as well as multiple jumps, rails, funboxes – even a short school bus for advanced riders.
- Glade Skiing: Three glade (or tree trail) areas totaling 23 acres: Elk Glade, Shane’s Glade and the newest, Eagle Glade, just added between the trails Fire Escape and Hallelujah. Designated as advanced terrain.
- Medical Services: ultiMED is a full-service clinic located at the base of the mountain in First Aid 1. ultiMED specializes in urgent medical and orthopedic care.
- Nordic Center: 11.5km of terrain distributed across 3 trails. One beginner, one intermediate, one advanced.
- Average Snowfall: 210 inches annually
- Snowmaking: 52% of the mountain, 85% of beginner terrain
- Road Conditions: Check current New Mexico driving conditions online at www.nmroads.com or by calling the toll-free Roads Advisory Hotline at 800-432-4269.
- Photo Services: Atmosphere Photos is a full-service digital photography studio. For group or individual on-mountain photos and souvenirs. Located on the base area deck next to The Angel Fire Store souvenir shop.