FOR VILLAGE OF ANGEL FIRE METERED CUSTOMERS ONLY
1. Authority To Proclaim Emergency: Whenever an emergency exists by reason of a shortage of water due to inadequate supply, limited treatment of distribution capacity or failure of equipment or materials, and that the village water system is unable to or will, within thirty (30) days, become unable to supply the full commercial and domestic needs of the users thereof, including adequate fire protection as determined by the water department, the governing body is authorized to restrict or prohibit the use of the water from the village water system by emergency proclamation.
2. Issuance Of Proclamation: Upon the determination that a water shortage emergency exists, the governing body shall issue a proclamation declaring the emergency and setting out an order restricting use of water from the village system. Depending on the severity and duration of the water shortage, restrictions and prohibitions shall be tiered on four (4) levels:
b. Level two, blue flag:
(1) Two (2) days per week outdoor watering restrictions. Odd street addresses are allowed outdoor watering on Wednesdays and Saturdays; even street addresses are allowed outdoor watering on Thursdays and Sundays. Outdoor watering on designated days shall only be allowed between the hours of six o’clock (6:00) A.M. and ten o’clock (10:00) A.M. and six o’clock (6:00) P.M. and ten o’clock (10:00) P.M.
(2) Planting of new sod or turf is not recommended.
(3) The filling of hot tubs is not recommended.
(4) Water is not allowed to run unattended or to run off property in a wasteful manner.
(5) Cleaning of outdoor hard surfaces (streets, driveways, sidewalks, buildings) is prohibited.
(6) Vehicle washing is discouraged and prohibited for fundraising events.
F. Violation; Penalties:
1. Violation: Any person who, in any manner, directly or indirectly violates or permits others under his supervision, custody or control to violate any term of a duly published proclamation shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. Each separate day of water use in violation of such proclamation shall constitute a separate offense, and each separate offense and each separate prohibited use on the same day shall constitute a separate offense.
2. Penalties: First violation will receive a warning; second violation will receive a citation with a fine up to, but not more than, twenty five dollars ($25.00); third and subsequent violations will receive a citation with a fine up to, but not more than, five hundred dollars ($500.00). (Ord. 2011-02, 1-11-2011)
STRUCTURE WASHING EXEMPTION FOR LOCAL CONTRACTORS/OWNER BUILDERS
For Item # 5 – Cleaning of outdoor hard surfaces (streets, driveways, sidewalks, & buildings) is prohibited.
This exemption is for the permitted use of such cleaning by local contractors/owner builders who in their day to day operations need to fulfill such activities.
Permits are available at:
Planning & Zoning Department at Village Hall 575-377-1389
Mon through Thurs 7:30-5:30 (closed from 12:00 – 1:00) and Fri 8:00-12:00
Public Works Department 575-377-2305
Mon through Fri 7:00-3:30
Located on 18 Services Rd. (next to the Transfer Station)