In keeping with last week’s positive marketing theme, I’d like to pose a question. If you are hungry and want to dine out, how many eating establishments are there in Angel Fire?
I asked six people this question last week, all were full time local residents. I received three answers. Two of the six answered five, three answered six, and one answered, “Oh maybe seven or eight” as he counted them in his mind. Wow, each one was wrong! But before you read the answer, what do you think?
Are you ready for the answer? We actually have eighteen eating establishments in Angel Fire! That’s right, eighteen. In a village our size this is amazing. On any given day, there are so many choices serving scrumptious food the only problem is making the decision of what to eat!
You may choose full service breakfast, homemade pastries, gourmet coffee, scones, cinnamon rolls, smoothies or breakfast burritos. At lunch you’ll find everything from salads, homemade soups, fresh smoked barbecue, pizza, pasta, Mexican food dishes, quiche, panini’s, burgers, chicken fried steak or chicken with gravy and mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato fries, fish n chips, pot pies, shepherds pie, veggie dishes, hot dogs, baked potatoes, gluten free and dairy free dishes, and a whole array of appetizers with a variety of drinks and much much more!
At dinner expect even more choices on your dinning menus and venues. Several establishments offer the expertise of experienced well-known chefs. Their menus range from casual to exquisite! Steaks, ribs, elk, trout, pork, chicken, etc. etc.
And you’ll find desserts that will tantalize your taste buds. I hope that I’ve made you hungry enough to go out and eat while you are in Angel Fire!
Restaurants are listed in alphabetical order:
1. Angel Fired Pizza: 3375 Mountain View Blvd. Open 11:00 am to 9:00 pm Tuesday through Sunday. Happy Hour 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Lunch combos and Lunch by the Slice!. Dinner Specialty pizzas, calzones, baked pastas and more. Beer and wine available. Dairy Free dishes available as well as Udi’s Gluten Free options. Dine in or carry out. Fired Pizza serves top notch, gourmet, hand rolled, wood oven-baked pies, in addition to an array of delicious Italian style pastas and wonderful fresh salads with proprietary dressings.
2. Annie’s: In the lobby of The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort. Open daily year round 7:00 am- 4:00 pm Annie features fresh full homemade breakfasts and lunch with daily specials. Try sandwiches, Panini’s, quiche, wraps, salads, specialty coffees, smoothies, cookies, yogurt parfaits, scones, cinnamon rolls, desserts and more.
3. Cafe Expresso: 3375 Mountain View Blvd. Open daily from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Featuring gourmet coffee drinks, full breakfast choose eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, croissants, bagels, or homemade bakery items. Lunches include homemade soups, fresh sandwiches, salads, baked potatoes, pitas, quesadillas and more.
4. Chianti’s Pizzeria: Located in the Lodge at Angel Fire Resort (open seasonally) Chianti’s offers a great selection of pizzas & pastas like the buffalo chicken pizza and the carnivore meat lovers or you can build your own with a great list of toppings. All you can eat salad bar and Pasta bowls with breadsticks, pick your pasta, pick your sauce and add chicken or meatballs. Kid friendly atmosphere. Dine in or take out. Beer & wine.
5. Early Bird Cafe: Breakfast and lunch serving burgers, sandwiches and Mexican food choices. Doughnuts and pastries.
6. Elements: Elegant yet “comfortable casual” fine dining in the Grand Hall on the 2nd floor of the Angel Fire Country Club. Chef Mathias Klemmt’s menu includes steaks, a variety of seafood, gourmet appetizers, fresh salads, and desserts with full liquor service.
7. Elements Bar & Lounge: Adjacent to Elements Restaurant at the Angel Fire Resort Country Club. With its incredible views of Wheeler Peak and Angel Fire’s legendary sunsets, the bar offers a very nice assortment of appetizer and late bite menu with a wide selection of craft beers, drink specials, and fine wine.
8. H2 Uptown: 48 N. Angel Fire Road. Casual fine dining with an upscale experience. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Enjoy gourmet appetizers, a wide variety of Mexican food dishes, steaks, elk or seafood to name a few options. Wine and beer available. Reservations for evening dining are suggested.
9. Hail’s Holy Smoked BarBQue: Located at 3400 Mountain View Blvd. You can smell the smoker! Smoked meats include beef, ribs, sausages, and ham, Texas style BBQ at its best, homemade soups, great homemade desserts and tamales. Daily Specials not offered on the regular menu.
10. Hatcha’s Grill of Angel Fire: Located at 3453 Mountain View Blvd. The best of authentic northern New Mexico cuisine. Salads, appetizers, a full menu of Mexican food choices, American foods and burgers. Dine in, carry out or call for catering.
11. Legends Grill & Sports Bar: Located on the mezzanine of the Angel Fire Resort Lodge. Open daily 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Featuring pizza, burgers, comfort food such as chicken fried steak, salads and sandwiches in a kid friendly, family dining environment. Full service beer, wine & liquor bar. Seven big-screen televisions turned to top sporting events and occasional live entertainment.
12. Pizza Stop: 52 North Angel Fire Road. Open Mon. Weds. Thurs. Fri. & Sat. 11:00 am to 1:30 pm for lunch and 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm for dinner. Sun. open 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm. for dinner. Enjoy pizza, salads, pasta, and fresh homemade garlic rolls. Beer and wine available.
13. Subway® Sandwich Shop: Located inside Lowe’s Valley Market 3373 Mountain View Blvd. Open 7:30 am to 8:00 pm seven days a week. They have a wide variety of subs, salads, and sides to choose from. Every one made fresh in front of you, exactly the way you want it. And don’t forget the fresh cookies!
14. Sunset Grill: 10 Five Springs Road directly across from the Chile Express chairlift. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Great appetizers, full lunch and dinner menus include burgers, pastas, salads, and more. Enjoy their full bar service and your meal and the spectacular view of the ski slopes.
15. Summit Mountain Haus: Located at the top of the mountain by way of the Chile Express chairlift. Burgers, hot dogs, burritos and snack bar served with a million dollar view! Enjoy during ski season and summer bike season.
16. The Pub n’ grub: 52 North Angel Fire Road. Your local pub with over 25 beers on tap and great food. Open 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm daily. Big screen sports events and entertainment while you eat. Family friendly fine dining. Choose appetizers, green chili stew, chicken pot pie, shepherd’s pie, salads, mac n cheese, pork chops, rib-eye steaks, fish n chips, roasted chicken, Cajun chicken, pasta, desserts and more. They also do catering for any event.
17. The Village Haus: Located at the base of the ski mountain at the Angel Fire Resort. Open daily with extended hours during ski season. Great food to warm you up and get you back on the slopes! Pizza, burgers and Mexican food – plus The Lazy Lizard – a full bar!
18. Zebs Restaurant and Bar: 3431 Mountain View Blvd. Open every day for lunch and dinner. Family restaurant with children’s menu includes appetizers, soups, full salad bar, chicken fried steak meals, seafood, variety of steaks and chicken choices, vegetables, fries, burgers, barbecue and Mexican foods. Full Bar and WIFI access.
Please note that when the Village Haus closes for the winter the Par & Grill opens at the Angel Fire Resort Country Club on the Golf Course Terrace. They serve breakfast and lunch. Grab a quick bite of breakfast items, hamburgers, sandwiches, salads and pastries.
And do not forget Chamber member Calamity Jane’s located inside the Laguna Vista Historic Lodge, 52 Therma Dr. in Eagle Nest. They are just a 10-mile down the road from Angel Fire. They are a family friendly full service restaurant with fresh baked dessert specials and a full service bar. Dine in, take out, or call for catering.