When: Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Where: Centro Plaza, 3407 Mountain View Boulevard, Angel Fire, NM
Bring all, dry and clean type 1 and type 2 recyclable plastics.
ANGEL FIRE (April 8, 2017) – Wheeler Peak Progressives (WPP), grassroots community advocates, are hosting an Earth Day event in Angel Fire, Saturday, April 22 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, rain or shine.
Moreno Valley neighbors are welcome to bring clean and dry Type 1 and 2 plastics and bring to the Centro Plaza, 3407 mountain View Blvd., Angel Fire.
As well, the group is planning a wetlands clean up that includes part of the trail system which extends from the Visitor’s Center to behind the Fire Station. Long poles or walking sticks might be necessary to get some of the trash out. Bring the family or a friend. Leashed dogs welcome.
This day also marks: the 47th Anniversary of Earth Day and is the 1-year anniversary Paris Climate Agreement. Additionally, there is a March for Science on the National Mall in Washington, see www.earthday.org for more information.
About Wheeler Peak Progressives
Wheeler Peak Progressives is a grassroots group of friends & neighbors from Angel Fire, Black Lake, Eagle Nest & Red River who are committed to concrete action toward the betterment of our country. Our members are of all political persuasions. Some of the principles we believe in, include:
- Environmental stewardship & sustainability
- Clean energy
- Ensuring free & fair elections
- Access to healthcare & safety for all Americans
- Honoring human rights for all
- Guaranteeing civil rights, women’s rights, LGBT rights & the rights of people with disabilities
- Quality & affordable education
- Fourth Estate has a vital role in the functioning of our democracy
- Supporting our military & their families
- Freedom of religion; freedom from religion
- Supporting working families
- Rebuilding our nation’s infrastructure
- Supporting small & local businesses
- Promoting arts & culture
We have monthly business meetings and bimonthly socials.
Taking the Higher Ground in Northern New Mexico!