John Hail, Dr. Jennifer Fitch, Wende Woolley, Brenda Johnson, Johnese Turri, Daniel Serna, Nita Jones, Chuck Howe & Cathe Moon
This Chamber Board would like for you to know Jo the way we know Jo. We recently honored her (it was a surprise that we had a hard time keeping from her!)
at our quarterly membership breakfast meeting by giving her a plaque, a bonus and a raise. Plus we have listed her accomplishments as President and CEO of the Angel Fire Chamber of Commerce.
- In 6 years time she has brought the Chamber from a $20,000 deficit to this amount in the black.
- She has grown the membership from 53 members to 200 and introduced new levels of membership to expand the member base.
- She started “I Know Jo” articles in 2011 as an effort to get to know the membership. These articles have been featured in publications nationwide including the US Chamber Newsletter. She has been published more than 642 times.
- She started the Monday e-blasts to help advertise Angel Fire in 2012 with 38 subscribers and now has over 8000 subscribers from all over the US and some in France, Chile, Canada, Mexico & Italy.
- 2012 – She and Karen Kelly, created and wrote a grant for the Village of Angel Fire entitled “Get your Wild on in Angel Fire” to the State Tourism Department. The village was award the highest amount ever given for a tourism campaign of $40,000. This campaign was awarded the Tourism Tiara Award for “Collaboration of the Year” in 2013.
- As a member of Northern NM Tourism Region Board of Directors, with permission from the Chamber Board, she worked with the State Tourism Secretary to have Angel Fire moved into the Central Tourism Region with the other alpine areas instead of the non-alpine ski communities tourism district.
- She sat on the Enchanted Circle Marketing Co-op board from 2011-2014. She helped to change the membership levels allowing more than chambers, visitors centers and villages to be members.
- 2012-2015 She sat on the Village Sustainability Committee. She was a part of the team who successfully started the original recycle center, brought plastic recycle in and purchased the glass crusher. She ran the community wide spring & fall clean-ups until Angel Fire Proud took them over.
- In 2012 she held the first “Thank you Dinner” for Chamber members – free of charge. She always has a theme at Chamber events with interactive board and audience participation guaranteed for fun evenings
- She started Business after Hours in 2011 with record attendances of 167 people in the summer of 2014
- She ran the Community-wide Flea Market from 2011-2015
- She hosted Crash the course walk/run at the golf course 2013-2014
- She helped sponsor the Angel Fire Summerfest Balloon Rally 2010-2012
- She started the Chamber Cash Mob in 2014 designed to bring money into local businesses.
- She hosted holiday decorating contests to encourage businesses to light up for the holidays 2012-2015 and is now joining with the Resort, Garden Club, and the Village to encourage businesses to “light up for the holidays” in 2017
- She conceived the idea for Habla Tamale Cook-off & Festival. The first festival year she expected to sell 250 tickets and sold 1200, this year’s event saw record numbers and sold 1675 tickets.
- She was key, with Anna Phillips, in working toward Colfax County Chamber of Commerce Coalition initiative to unite and join rural chambers together as one voice
- She started the 12 Days of Christmas raffle that got the entire village involved. We gave away 78 gifts worth at least $50.00 a piece with a Grand prize of $500.
- She is current chair of Art Up Northern New Mexico, formerly known as Moreno Valley Arts Council. Teamed with the Angel Fire Resort, she is in charge the non-food vendors at the Art & Farmers Market and has started the first Angel Fire Studio Tour in 2017.
- 2011 to present – She is a member of New Mexico Chamber Executive Association. In 2016 she was elected to the Board of Directors – 2016 Secretary, 2017 Vice President and is incoming President. She represents Angel Fire heavily during legislation in Santa Fe.
- She has been attending school for 4 years and will graduate in January 2018 with her IOM, equivalent to a Master’s in non-profit organizational management.
- This year she is promoting a fun new project to push people into businesses #AngelFireRocks and is currently organizing a huge volunteer appreciation event called “I AM ANGEL FIRE”.
- She worked tirelessly to help bring a pharmacy to Angel Fire and continues to work towards a high altitude training center coming to our village.
- Plus she has been nominated for the New Mexico state “Ethics in Business Award” 2017
Jo is always coming up with new ideas and projects to help the Angel Fire businesses and the surrounding areas. She refuses to bend issues of integrity and will stand for her membership, no matter the consequences. Her actions prove how much she cares about Angel Fire and she does it without wanting or needing recognition. We believe she is a true asset to Angel Fire, NM. and we stand behind her 100%.