Burn Ban is in effect until further notice
Angel Fire Area Fire Restrictions
Outside fires and open burning are prohibited.
This prohibition is due to the lack of precipitation, high winds, and the continued drying out of fuels throughout the Village of Angel Fire.
- Outdoor cooking fires
- Outdoor heating fires
- Charcoal broilers
- Barbecue grills
- Coal-burning stoves used outside of private dwellings are classified as campfires
Cooking and heating devices that use kerosene, white gas or propane as fuel if used with adequate fire protection and defensible space; commercial grade smokers with adequate fire protection and defensible space; commercially constructed personal smokers with adequate fire protection and defensible space;
* All outdoor smoking is prohibited.
Exceptions: smoking that is restricted to designated areas, only within structures that allow smoking, or inside vehicles equipped with ashtrays. Do not hang cigarettes outside of the vehicle or flip ashes outside of the vehicle.
- Above ground detonation
- Agricultural burning
- Burning of explosives
- Ceremonial fires
- Controlled burning
- Disease control
- Outdoor welding and hot torch burning
- Ignition of rocket motors
- Open burning
- Open flames
- Timber and forest management
- Research and development
- Slash piles
- Weed burning
The ban will stay in effect until climactic conditions improve and the threat of fire danger is reduced.
Fire Chief John Murtagh
Colfax County Fire Restrictions
Effective March 13, 2018
- Open burning in the unincorporated areas of Colfax County.
- No outside smoking is permitted except within a 3-foot diameter barren area.
- No exterior fireplaces
- No outdoor stoves, chimeneas, or charcoal briquette barbecues
- Gas-propane stoves and barbeques,
- Chainsaws will be permitted provided the manufacturers spark arrestor is in place.
No burn permits will be issued at this time. Any current burn permits are hereby revoked.
Colfax County Fire Marshal
* Please contact the County Fire Marshal or your local Fire Chief for a permit BEFORE any open burning.
Leave a Reply