The system allows us to CALL YOU to alert you to an emergency in your area. The system uses phone numbers in the 911 database. These numbers are traditional or hard-wire phone lines. Our new system allows you to enter additional information into our emergency notification system to be called if there is an emergency in your area.
* There is no cost to you for this service and the information you enter is protected. *
With our new system you can enter your cell phones, a text device, email address, fax number, or work phone number. If you would like to sign up for alerts at your home address but also at your work address, our system will allow you to do that. You pick where, you pick how.
The Emergency Notification system will be utilized in emergency situations. Emergencies are defined as imminent or potential threats to life and / or property. Emergencies may include but is not limited to:
- Missing endangered child (amber alert)
- Missing endangered adult
- Wild fire
- Police activity that would require you to evacuate or to take shelter
- Natural gas leaks
- Severe threatening weather (rotation in clouds, large hail with cloud rotation, tornado warnings)
The Emergency Notification system will also be utilized for non-emergency (yet potentially hazardous) situations. Examples of Non-emergencies are:
- School delays and closures
- Local Government delays and closures
- Utility issues (broken water line, power outages, etc.)
- Road closures
There will be no political messages or sales messages. It is our goal to keep the citizens of this community informed of dangers and hazards within the area, while minimizing any intrusion into your everyday lives. We do not intend to flood you with calls everyday. Please click on the following link to sign up for the Colfax Emergency Notification System.
Always Remember, In Case of Emergency Please Dial 911