When: Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 5:30 pm
Where: Eagle Nest Lake State Park Visitor Center
Bring a dish to share. Paper plates, plastic ware, coffee & ice tea provided by Friends. Review past year’s activities, suggestions for this year’s activities, nominate and elect three board members.
Detailed agenda below.
- Everyone serves themselves to potluck meal. After everyone served:
- Call to Order and Approval of Agenda
- Update, Requests & Reports from Cimarron Canyon State Park
- Update, Requests & Reports from Eagle Nest Lake State Park
- New Business
- Discuss/Action regarding request from NM State Parks to partnership with NM State Parks to assist with a Girl Scouts National Campout at Eagle Nest Lake and Cimarron Canyon State Parks on July 13, 14, 15.
- Discuss/Action Photo Contest to generate more photos for Friends website and Facebook pages.
- Discuss/Action regarding invite by Gateway Museum to co-sponsor Paddle It! June 22-23, 2019.
- Discuss/Action regarding renewal of Cooperative Agreement with NM State Parks that expires in April 2019.
- Brief overview of scheduled Programs/Activities by Friends of Eagle Nest Lake & Cimarron Canyon; discussion/action as needed:
- New Year’s Day 2019 Polar Bear Challenge Events – Janet Alton
- January 27, 2018 – Ice Fishing Tournament – Roy Sinclair
- Disc Golf Course at Eagle Nest Lake State Park
- May 11, 2018 – Children’s Fishing Derby at Gavel Pit Lakes, Maverick Campground, Cimarron Canyon State Parks – Need Chairperson
- June 2018 TBA – Eagle Nest Lake Shore Cleanup – Janet Alton.
- June 2018 TBA – National Trails Day – Janet Alton.
- June 22-23 – Paddle It! – See New Business #c above
- July 2018 TBA- Summer Membership Meeting/Potluck 5:30 PM at Eagle Nest Lake State Park Visitor Center.
- August 3, 2019 – River Roundup on Cimarron Canyon River – is chairperson needed?
- Eagle Fest – Friends Participation?
- Gift Certificate program – Agnes Gibson Overview
- Firewood for 2019 – Overview
- Financial Report
- Membership Report
- Audience Participation
- Nominations & Election to fill three (3) Positions on Board of Directors for Friends of Eagle Nest Lake and Cimarron Canyon State Parks. NOTE: This item is limited to participation by members of Friends of Eagle Nest Lake & Cimarron Canyon State Parks.
- Next Meeting:Determine date to elect officers and conduct other regular business.