By Jo Mixon
Angel Fire Resort
- Monte Verde Lake – Fishing, stand-up paddle boarding and/or pedal-boating on the lake and Euro-bungy & Climbing Wall on the shore. Have a picnic lunch and stroll the easy walking path around the Lake.
- Angel Fire Bike Park – Offers downhill Mountain Biking at the largest Bike Park in the Rocky Mountains. If you have never ridden a Bike Park or are a beginner to downhill riding, take a lesson or a guided ride. Riders will be introduced to elements of bike control through body positioning, braking and cornering on a gentle slope under the guidance of an instructor.
- Angel Fire Resort Mountain Area – Scenic chairlift rides take you to the summit of our mountain at 10,677 feet. Explore one of the hiking trails, play disc golf or pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the valley views. When you are ready to head back, you have the option of either hiking down or riding the chairlift back to the base area.
- Zipline Adventure Tours – You must weigh at least 90 pounds to enjoy the full Adventure Tour, but this summer the resort is offering the Family Flyer – two shorter ziplines for those who weigh 50 pounds or more. For info and pricing click here.
- Angel Fire Tennis Center has six hard courts, including two Pickle Ball courts for use by Resort members, guests and visitors to the Moreno Valley.
- Angel Fire Resort Golf Course -call 575-377-4488 for tee times. Golf Information
- Free Friday Night Concerts in the Park, Beginning June 14, 2019, every Friday night thru August 30th, 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Angel Fire Art + Farmers’ Market – Beginning June 16,every Sunday, thru September 1st, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Around Angel Fire
- Angel Fire Greenbelt Trails: Hiking or biking on one of the Greenbelt trails in the Village of Angel Fire is a free-access system of trails that can be used for cross-country mountain biking, running or even hiking and there are several bike rental shops.
- Eagle Nest Lake State Park is open for shore and boat fishing with events this summer that include Dam tours, music, kite flying, a canoe, kayak and stand-up paddle board races, annual fish-fest, family activities, and more.
- Ongoing and Seasonal Activities/Events in Eagle Nest
- July 4th Annual Activities
- Farmer’s Market – Fridays thru the 1st Friday in September. 575-377-6188
We love our visitors and we truly want you to have a wonderful vacation experience. Please obey the rules to help us to preserve the natural beauty that brings you back year after year to share it with us!