Beginning June 29, 2020 at 12:00 pm, all outside fires and open burning will be prohibited. This prohibition is due to the lack of precipitation, winds, and the continued drying of fuels throughout the Village of Angel Fire.
- above ground detonation;
- agricultural burning;
- burning of explosives;
- ceremonial fires;
- controlled burning;
- outdoor cooking fires;
- disease control;
- outdoor heating fires;
- outdoor welding and hot torch burning;
- ignition of rocket motors;
- open burning; open flames;
- outdoor smoking;
- timber and forest management;
- research and development; burning of weeds or other yard waste.
- cooking and heating devices that use kerosene, white gas, or propane as fuel if used with adequate fire protection and defensible space;
- commercially constructed personal smokers with adequate fire protection and defensible space;
- commercial grade smokers with adequate fire protection and defensible space;
- smoking that is restricted to designated areas, within structures, or inside vehicles equipped ashtrays. (Do Not hang your cigarettes out the windows)
- Slash pile burning that has been permitted through the air quality control bureau with adequate fire fighting personnel and equipment on days without red flag warnings.
The ban will remain in effect until climactic conditions improve and the threat of fire danger is reduced.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Chief of Fire/EMS
Angel Fire FD