Counties at the Green Level have both a new COVID-19 case incidence rate of no greater than 8 cases per 100,000 inhabitants during the most recent two-week period, and an average percent of positive COVID-19 test results over the most recent 14-day period less than or equal to 5%.
Green Level Restrictions
- Essential businesses (non-retail): No capacity restrictions but operations must be limited to only those absolutely necessary to carry out essential functions
- Essential retail spaces: 50% of maximum capacity (indoor and outdoor)
- Food and drink establishments (if NM Safe Certified): 50% of maximum capacity for indoor dining; 75% of maximum capacity for outdoor dining
- Close-contact businesses: 50% of maximum capacity (indoor and outdoor)
- Large entertainment venues: 25% of maximum capacity for any indoor/enclosed space on premises; 50% of any outdoor space on premises
- Recreational facilities: 25% of maximum capacity of any indoor/enclosed space on the premises; 50% of any outdoor space on the premises
- Bars and clubs: 25% of maximum capacity of any outdoor space on premises, where applicable; indoor not permitted **All other businesses: 50% of maximum capacity (indoor and outdoor)
- Houses of worship: May hold religious services, indoors or outdoors, or provide services through audiovisual means, but may not exceed 50% of the maximum capacity of any enclosed space on the premises
- Places of lodging: 75% of maximum occupancy for those that have completed NM Safe
- Certified training; 40% of maximum occupancy for all others; 10 guests maximum for vacation rentals
- Mass gatherings limit: 20 persons, 120 vehicles
The next announcement of change will be on April 14th. To read the entire guide as to what is or is not permitted in each color category, click here.