APPLICATION PERIOD IS APRIL 5, 2021 – AUGUST 31, 2021
Am I Eligible?
- Must be obligated to pay rent; AND be able to demonstrate current primary residence in a housing unit in New Mexico
- able to show a financial impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- a household income that falls under the COVID-19 Housing Cost Assistance Program Income Limits
- Unemployed and/or receiving unemployment benefits
- able to demonstrate risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability
- able to demonstrate rent and utility obligations incurred through March 30, 2020
What Does It Cover?
- Utility bills, this includes electric and gas
- Water and sewer
- Trash removal, fuel oil, wood and pellets
- Other expenses related to housing costs such as hotel/motel costs
What Documents Do I Need?
- Government issued ID
- Income tax
- Lease or rental agreement
- Utility bills
- Eviction notice
- Notice of unemployment benefits from NMDWS