Please conserve water as much as possible. Two of our three wells are down due to electrical issues. Kit Carson is working on repairing one of our wells. The second will be repaired as soon as equipment is received. Thank you for understanding and please CONSERVE WATER.
Current Water Restrictions
The Village metered water customers are currently under a Blue Flag Water Use Restrictions by the Village Proclamation 2022-42
The following are the restrictions and consequences for violation of this proclamation:
- Two days per week outdoor watering restrictions. Odd street addresses are allowed outdoor watering on Weds. and Sat., even street addresses are allowed outdoor watering on Thurs. and Sun. Both between the hours of 6am and 10:00 am or 6:00 pm and 10:00 pm
- Planting of new sod or turf is not recommended
- The filling of hot tubs is not recommended
- Water is not allowed to run unattended or to run off the property in a wasteful manner
- Cleaning outdoor hard surfaces (streets, sidewalks, driveways, buildings, decks) is prohibited
- Vehicle washing is discouraged and prohibited for fundraiser events
Businesses may be allowed special permits. Please visit the Village offices for more information.
Violation & Penalties
- Violation: Any person who, in any manner directly or indirectly violates or permits others under his supervision, custody, or control to violate any term of a duly published proclamation, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. Each separate day or incident of water use violation of such proclamation shall constitute a separate offense.
- Penalties: First violation will receive a warning, second violation will receive a citation with a fine up to but not more than $25, third and subsequent violation will receive a citation with a fine up to but not more than $500. ( Ordinance 2011-02 January 11, 2011)