Part of the excitement of a trip is the planning of it. You’ve been dreaming about that ski vacation, and now it’s time to start nailing down the details. But where should you begin? There are lots of decisions to make and to-dos to tackle. And we’d hate for you to miss a thing, which is why we’ve created the timeline below.
Here is your timeline for planning the ultimate ski vacation at Angel Fire Resort:
VERY IMPORTANT: If you plan to visit Angel Fire Resort during a holiday, early booking is even more important than at other times because lodging does fill up and lift tickets do sell out.
One Year in Advance
- Start saving for a snowy day. Consider putting some funds away every month to make your family’s resort experience the most memorable. Before you know it, you’ll have a nice stash for your ski trip.
12 Weeks or More in Advance
- Book lodging. Angel Fire Resort offers several lodging options to relax and get a good night’s rest after a long day in the Moreno Valley and The Enchanted Circle. Reserve a room at the Lodge, choose a private home or condo, or park your RV at our luxury RV resort.
- Plan transportation. If you’re driving to Angel Fire, make arrangements to get the car serviced. Get more details about flying to Angel Fire as well as information about shuttles and rental cars here.
- Consider travel insurance. Cover your trip investment from those unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip. You just never know if weather conditions, an unforeseen illness, or a transportation issue will come up just as you’re planning to leave for your vacation. But with travel insurance, you can protect your vacation investment.
- Check out our packages. Make sure you’re getting the best deal on your trip.
4-6 Weeks in Advance
- Purchase lift tickets. Depending on how long you plan to stay, it may be advantageous to get a season pass.
- Rent ski gear if you don’t own your own equipment. To save you time and money, advanced rental reservations are highly encouraged.
- Book lessons if necessary. Earlier is always better when booking lessons or ski school. Angel Fire Resort offers private lessons for ages 3 and up, children’s group lessons, and adult group lessons.
- Assess clothing and gear needs. Make sure to have everyone try on their snow gear. This Ultimate Angel Fire Resort Vacation Packing List will be your best friend. If you’re missing items, it’s time to go shopping or order online.
- Take care of things at home. Find a dog sitter, plant waterer, and/or house sitter.
- Service your car. Make sure your vehicle is in good working order if you plan to drive. Your tires and wipers should be on the newer side. Four wheel drive is a good idea. And chains are a must!
2 Weeks in Advance
- Start packing. Wheel out the suitcases and use this handy dandy packing list to make sure you don’t forget a thing.
1 Week in Advance
- Plan your meals. If you have a vacation rental with a kitchen, make a grocery shopping list if you plan to cook. But if you’re also taking a vacation from cooking, the resort offers a number of dining options. From quick bites to fine dining, there’s a restaurant at the resort for everyone.
- Plan your fun! Angel Fire Resort offers so many amenities. Put some of these activities on the calendar: night skiing, tubing, sledding, or snowshoeing. And make sure to keep on eye on our events calendar because our team is always cooking up some great entertainment for our guests.
2 Days in Advance
- Keep an eye on the weather. You can stay update on the mountain’s weather conditions on our snow report page.
- Check road conditions. Plan your driving route based upon current road conditions. This Facebook page and this website post real time updates of road conditions in Angel Fire.
It’s ski trip time! We hope this timeline has helped you prepare. Once you arrive, all that planning will pay off because the memories of your family’s first resort experience will last forever.
Leave a Reply