* Did you know you can download an app for up-to-date New Mexico Road conditions? Go to the app store. Or visit www.nmroads.com.
* Did you know there is a Facebook group designated specifically for up-to-date wintry road conditions from locals? This Facebook group is called Northern NM Winter Roads. It allows people to get needed road info without surfing through other groups or pages.
* Did you know it is illegal to hire or solicit a ski instructor on Facebook or by any other means, other than through the official ski school on the mountain(s)? The only allowed ski instruction, on all mountains are to be booked through the resort(s). If you teach or hire under the table, your privileges and passes will be revoked.
* Did you know you can find ALL factual updated information, lift tickets, make reservations to ski or for ski school, watch live action cams on the mountain and find out snow conditions from visiting the Ski areas websites?
It is always best to go straight to the source!
* DO NOT put hot ashes from your fireplace in Village dumpsters
Most everyone knows it is dangerous to put ashes from the fireplace into a trash bag. Obviously some people do not know. Even when the ashes seem cool, there is still a chance it’s simmering. We had several dumpster fires last season from people dumping ashes in with their trash. Please DO NOT DO THIS!
Have a metal bucket or a designated container for your family and your renters to dump the ashes, but do not bring them to the dumpsters. And do not dump them in the forest! Have a solid plan and let everyone in your home know the plan. (Especially your renters!)
It may be winter and there may be snow on the ground but fires are an issue we must all consciously prevent them year round. Thank you.